We get you. You are careful with your expenses and your company’s cash flow. You want to evaluate if your investment is going to be productive and will help your business. Is filing a trademark expensive? Should I file a trademark with the venerable United States Patent and Trademark Office?
Some businesses do not make it a priority. But that may be a big mistake.
Let us be clear. Trademark protection is vital for your business brand. In many cases, your brand and trademarks are all your business is. Therefore we believe that trademark filing is not expensive. Moreover, it is a necessary investment for your brand.
To illustrate, we proudly showcase our trademark clients artisanal Mezcal Carreño®. Follow the link for their story.
Many of these internet outlets limit the time lawyers connect with clients, especially the small business owner. Attorney Marcos.
Trademark registration is the best investment for your business
These are the reasons you should consider registering your brand, logo, slogan, or other trademarkable aspects of your brand with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- The investment is relatively low
- Your brand is getting traction and it is noticed
- Before your product takes off, you want to make sure you are not infringing other brands
- You are afraid others would steal your brand name
- Your brand may be your most valuable asset, in many cases your only asset
- It is better to be proactive rather than reactive. Cleaning a legal mess is very costly.
- Analyze. Your brand is what differentiates your product from others
- Move ahead of the game. You want to establish a relationship with a trusted attorney such as Marcos E. Garciaacosta.
- You may have some other aspect worth protecting such as colors, trade dress, logos, slogans, etc.
Talk to a real lawyer
Avoid the trademark and legal mills and talk to a law firm which will put you in contact with a real attorney right away, instead of a salesperson. Many of these internet outlets limit the time lawyers connect with clients, especially the small business owner. Their business model is to limit your access to a real attorney and they will charge you for any minor action they do for you. You really get what you pay for and the end cost is about the same as with a real attorney.
“You should budget about one thousand to two thousand dollars per brand registration in the USA (including government fees). You may get discounts based on the number of brand assets and registrations the firm does for you”, said attorney Marcos E. Garciaacosta.
With the right team by your side, brand, and trademark protection across the USA and the world should be a pleasant experience!
About Attorney Marcos E. Garciaacosta
Marcos E. Garciaacosta is a successful business and trademark lawyer serving clients in Arizona, the United States of America, and many countries around the world.
He has filed over 1000 trademarks in the USA with USPTO and many more in different global jurisdictions such as Mexico, the European Union, China, and India to name a few.
Call us to schedule your appointment at (480) 324-6378. He will guide you and represent you from the trademark research, filing, and beyond.